Do you ever have a day where you have your entire menu planned and you begin cooking only to realize you are missing an ingredient? I did that yesterday. I was all set to make chicken, potatoes, and balsamic green beans. I had the chicken and potatoes in the oven and went to get the ingredients for the beans. Imagine my surprise when I realized I was out of balsamic vinegar!
As I started panicking I began looking through the refrigerator. Finally the garlic jumped out at me. Looking quickly to the butter dish I grabbed both the garlic and butter, along with the lemon juice, and got cooking. I winged this side dish but it turned out really good. The beans were tender crisp and the lemon juice brightened up the garlic butter with rosemary sauce I prepared. They were the perfect compliment to the chicken and potatoes.
Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter (a Hezzi-D original)
1 lb. fresh green beans
2 T. butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. rosemary
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1. Heat a pot of water over medium high heat. Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove from the stove and strain in a colander. Run cold water over the beans to stop cooking them.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once it is totally melted add in the garlic and rosemary. Cook for 1 minutes.
3. Add the green beans to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add in the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Serve hot.
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Malted Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spaghetti Squash, Pears and Kale with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Horiatki Salata by Peaceful Cooking
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Roasted Parsnip and Apple Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini Bars by Basic N Delicious
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Blondie by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.