I’m so excited that pumpkin is back in the markets! The first day I saw it I bought 4 cans. I like to hoard it because I often can’t find it after Christmas and then I get sad. I’m happy that this week Sunday Supper is sharing fall flavors because I can’t wait to start sharing pumpkin!
As soon as I got home from the store I started looking up recipes. I immediately pinned 4 of them that I hoped to make on the weekend. When the weekend finally came I was exhausted but was determined to make at least two of the pumpkin recipes.
My husband was gone for the day so I got baking in the kitchen. This was my first pumpkin recipe of the season. They are spiced pumpkin muffins with a cheesecake swirl. There was an option to make it into a bread or a bunch of muffins so I made the muffins so I could take them into work to share.
The muffin recipe is a basic pumpkin recipe with a few chocolate chips thrown in for good measure. I’m sorry but pumpkin just calls for chocolate. After the muffins were made I whipped up a quick cheesecake and swirled it into the muffin batter.
When the muffins came out and look great! They were cooked well and I could see the cheesecake swirl popping out the top of the muffins. When I bit into one it was moist and delicious. The pumpkin muffin was perfectly spiced and the cheesecake swirl added flavor and a different texture to the muffin. These are great for a snack or even for breakfast.
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. butter, softened
- ⅔ c. milk
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 c. sugar
- 3½ c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ c. chocolate chips
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T. milk
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 30 cupcake liners in three muffin tins.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, butter, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- To make the filling place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅓ of the way full with muffin batter. Place 1 teaspoon of cheesecake mixture on top of it, then top with another spoonful of muffin batter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica’s Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Plus, A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.