As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin. As soon as the weather starts cooling off I begin looking for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I really like the spicy flavor of the cinnamon with the pumpkin on a cool fall day.
I started stalking a local coffee shop at the beginning of September in hopes of getting a pumpkin latte early in the season but I didn’t have any luck. Besides, I hate paying almost five dollars for a latte when I can make them at home myself for a whole lot cheaper! I decided to put a twist on my favorite and make a Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte.
Luckily I had everything I needed at home last weekend to make this awesome beverage because it went from 90 degrees with a heat index of over 100 to 60 degrees, pouring down rain, and cold within 2 days. Summer quickly changed to fall and I was chilled to the bone since it had been so hot the last few days. All I could think about was sipping on a pumpkin latte.
I heated some milk on the stove and added in pumpkin, Dixie Crystals sugar, caramel sauce, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt. I mixed it all together and let it simmer while I brewed a cup of strong black coffee. Then I hunted in the refrigerator and came up with a container of Cabot Whipped Cream because you can’t have a latte without the whipped cream on top!
I poured the caramel pumpkin milk on top of the strong coffee and mixed it together. It smelled amazing. Then I topped it off with the whipped cream, caramel sauce, and sea salt. I actually have fun flavors of sea salt so I put a vanilla cardamom sea salt on top which worked perfectly but regular would do well too!
The addition of the caramel to the pumpkin latte was awesome. It added some sweetness to the spiciness and just pulled it all together. I was able to make two lattes with this recipe for a fraction of the cost of one latte at a coffee shop! It warmed me up from the inside out and made me a happy camper.
So if you love Pumpkin Spice Lattes make sure you give this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte a try at home!
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar (or brown sugar if you want a richer flavor)
- 3 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 c. strong black coffee
- Whipped Cream
- caramel sauce, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt for topping
- In a small saucepan combine the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and caramel sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then remove from heat. Stir in the sea salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour 3/4 cup of strong black coffee into each of two mugs. Pour half of the milk mixture into each mug on top of the coffee. Mix well to combine.
- Spray whipped cream on top of the latte. Drizzle with caramel sauce then sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original recipe