Summer is coming and the weather is heating up! While I live in a town that usually stays pretty cool throughout the summer, it’s been getting hot here. In fact, we’ve had crazy weather this year and it’s gone up into the 70’s and 80’s as early as March which is unheard of.
So why am I telling you this? I’ve been crazy some serious ice cream already and it’s only the beginning of May. Of course, I can’t just leave ice cream alone, I have to make it even better. My husband likes a good milkshake so I decided to not only make a milkshake but to make a monster milkshake.
A monster milkshake is one that is over the top. It doesn’t have to be too crazy but it usually includes a lot of different sweets in one delicious shake. This Milk and Cookies Monster Milkshake is no different. It’s filled with all my favorite milk and cookie treat.
This milkshake sounds like it has a lot of ingredients in it but actually a lot of the ingredients are used for multiple things. The base of the milkshake is vanilla bean ice cream and milk. It’s mixed with two of my favorite cookies as well as chocolate sauce. The rim of the glass is surrounded with a mixture of caramel and cookie butter studded with chocolate chips. Doesn’t it sound amazing already?
To finish off the milkshake I put whipped cream on top. Then I sprinkled on chocolate chips, drizzled it with chocolate and caramel, and stuck in a few cookies. You can certainly put a cherry on top of everything but sticking with the milk and cookies theme I didn’t. I did put two straws in my milkshake because I wanted to share with my husband.
The result is a thick and delicious milkshake that tastes like cookies! It’s fun to dip the cookies that are on top into the milkshake and enjoy it that way. It’s like having two of my favorite desserts in one…ice cream and cookies. So if you want an over the top treat for yourself or for someone special make sure to give this Milk and Cookies Monster Milkshake a try!
- ¼ c. cookie butter
- ¼ c. caramel sauce
- ¼ c. chocolate chips
- 1½ c. vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 c. milk
- 4 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 4 small chocolate chip cookies
- 2 T. chocolate sauce
- ⅓ c. whipped cream
- 1 T. chocolate chips
- 1 T. chocolate sauce
- 1 T. caramel sauce
- 2 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1 small chocolate chip cookie
- 2 straws
- Mix together the cookie butter and caramel sauce. Spread generously over the outer rim of a milkshake glass. Roll in the chocolate chips. Put it in the freezer until the milkshake is ready.
- In a blender combine the ice cream, milk, sandwich cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the milkshake glass from the freezer and pour the milkshake into the glass.
- Spray whipped cream over the top of the milkshake and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel sauces. Stick the vanilla sandwich cookies and the chocolate chip cookie in the whipped cream.
- Finish by adding two straws. Enjoy!