A delicious Southwestern style entree salad made with marinated London Broil, tons of fresh vegetables, and tortilla chips for a tasty salad!
This week I am sharing another entrée salad using Certified Angus Beef London Broil. London Broil is a cheaper cut of meat that tastes delicious when it is marinated or used with a dry rub and then grilled. I decided this week to make Southwestern Steak Salad for dinner.
Before I made the salad base I had to make a dry rub for the steak. I often just use a pre-made packet because I find them to be just as good as homemade rubs but I didn’t have anything with a southwestern flare. So I quickly went through my pantry and made a quick dry rub using chile powder, cumin, brown sugar, and garlic. I rubbed it on the steak and left it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
When making the base of this salad I wanted to include all of my favorite southwestern flavors. This means I topped the lettuce off with tomatoes, peppers, black beans, corn, jalapenos, and avocado. You can change it up using any of your favorite taco toppings or southwestern ingredients.
I didn’t make a homemade dressing for this salad because I thought regular old Ranch would be fine and it was. You can even make a tasty dressing using just Ranch dressing and salsa together for a southwestern flare.
I loved this salad. It was super easy to make. I threw the base together in about ten minutes while my husband grilled the steak. The steak itself was slightly sweet and slightly spicy which tasted great on top of the salad. This is definitely an entrée salad we’ll be enjoying a lot this summer.
For the dry rub:
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef London Broil
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
For the salad:
- 6 c. Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 c. black beans
- ½ c. corn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- ½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- To make the dry rub combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix well then rub all over the London Broil. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to make the salad heat a grill to high heat. Place the London Broil on the grill and cook on one side for 3 minutes. Flip it over and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135. Remove to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Top with all of the other ingredients then toss to combine.
- Divide the salad mixture between 4 plates and top with grilled steak.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
More entree salad recipes:
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread