During the school week I’m tired when I get home. While I love to have a home cooked meal, I usually like to make ones that don’t require a lot of work. My theory is the quicker the better as long as the meals are delicious and packed with flavor. So when I found PERDUE® new signature refrigerated chicken stock in the refrigerator case at the market I couldn’t wait to incorporate this flavorful stock into a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Perdue signature chicken stock is made with antibiotic-free chicken and contains no preservatives or artificial flavors which means it’s better for my family. I also love the convenient packaging with a side window and measurements so it’s easy to see how much is left! Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock here: http://www.perduechickenstock.com/
Once I had the chicken stock I began forming a recipe in my head. I though some type of chicken and pasta would be filling and easy to make. My husband really likes buffalo chicken so I wanted to incorporate that into the recipe as well. I ended up making One Pot Buffalo Chicken Alfredo.
The cool thing about this recipe is that everything is made in one pot so not only is it easy to make, but there’s only one pot to wash at the end of dinner. In order to make the dish the chicken is first cooked in the skillet along with the hot sauce to give it some flavor.
Then the Perdue signature chicken stock and milk is added to the skillet. There’s no water involved in this recipe. This allows the pasta to soak up all the delicious flavor from the chicken stock which really makes a difference in the sauce.
Next the pasta is added along with some seasonings. The mixture is covered and boils for about 13 minutes and when the lid comes off dinner is just about ready! I added in some parmesan cheese, parsley, and another splash of hot sauce and then dinner was ready to go.
This meal is just awesome. The pasta is cooked perfectly and has a lot of flavor from the chicken stock. The sauce has a light cheese flavor and coats both the noodles and the chicken. The buffalo sauce really gives the pasta a nice kick. My husband and I both enjoyed the convenience and the delicious taste of this easy weeknight pasta dish.
Are you interested in learning more about Perdue? Learn more about Perdue, including The Perdue Way, Where to Buy, Recipes and Tips From the Kitchen, at http://www.perdue.com/ . Join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards. http://www.perduecrew.com/ . To find more easy and delicious #WeekdaySupper meals made with Perdue signature chicken broth follow THIS Pinterest board.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 T. buffalo sauce, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ c. Perdue Signature Chicken Stock
- 1 c. milk
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 1 t. black pepper
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ c. parsley, chopped and divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken and 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Gently pour in the chicken broth and milk, mixing well.
- Break the pasta noodles in half and add to the pot, stirring gently to combine. Sprinkle in the black pepper and nutmeg. Cover the skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked completely.
- Remove the lid and stir in the remaining buffalo sauce, ⅓ cup of Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until everything is well combined.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan and parsley.
Don’t forget to check out the other delicious Weekday Supper creations using Perdue Signature Chicken Stock:
Monday – Harvest Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
Tuesday – Gluten Free Supreme Chicken with Brown Rice and Broccoli by Gluten Free Crumbley
Wednesday – Skinny Chicken Marsala by Momma’s Meals
Thursday – Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Friday – Buffalo Chicken Alfredo by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.