I know I’ve said it before but we love to grill in the summer. It’s so easy to throw dinner on the grill, cook it up, and then enjoy it with minimal clean up at the end of the day. Plus, grilling is such a healthy way to cook foods.
One of our favorite things to grill is steak. I recently ordered a package of Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks online and they arrived the other day. I ordered ribeyes, filets, and strip steaks. These are great to keep in the freezer and pull out as needed. The only thing I have to decide on is what to use as a marinade.
When grilling a steak I go back and forth between using a dry rub or a marinade. I like using a dry rub of salt, pepper, garlic, and sometimes some herbs when I use it. The possibilities are just about endless when it comes to marinades though and sometimes I just end up throwing different ingredients in a zip top baggie along with the meat and hoping for the best. Usually it turns out really well.
This time I went with a Korean Beef Marinade on our steaks. While I used this marinade on our ribeyes, it would be great on a London Broil or flank steak as well. I like this marinade because it is bursting with flavor and the ingredients are all things that I have on hand most of the time. This time around I needed to buy some orange juice but I had everything else in the house.
The marinade is sweet, tart, and a has a hint of spice which goes great on grilled steak. I really like how the fruit juices keep the meat tender and add a lot of flavor to the meat. We’ve only tried this marinade once but I can tell you that it’s going to quickly become one of our go to marinades just because of the delicious flavors incorporated into it.
Do you grill a lot of beef in the summer? If so, make sure you give this delicious Korean Beef Marinade a try the next time you grill your favorite piece of beef!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 boneless ribeye steaks (or your favorite Certified Angus Beef® brand beef up to 3 pounds)
- Whisk together all ingredients and pour over selected Certified Angus Beef ® brand cut in a zipper-locking plastic bag. Close bag, removing air. Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Grill or broil selected cut to desired doneness.
Photos used with permission of Certified Angus Beef® brand.