This post was sponsored by Smithfield as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Whenever it's too hot to cook in the kitchen in the summer we like to grill outside. Since that is a lot of the time we often end up grilling several times a week all summer long. Grilling is great because it's easy to do, the clean up is minimal, and food just tastes better on the grill.
With Labor Day coming up my husband and I have been trying some recipes on the grill. We like to grill whenever we have people over because the men usually go outside and gather around the grill while the women stay inside making the side dishes and snacking on appetizers. It's nice to have everyone involved in the preparation of the meal even if it's just giving tips for how to cook the meal.
When I was looking for something to grill I kept coming back to ribs. We love ribs and cooking several racks on the grill would be more then enough to feed multiple people and it would be a delicious entree for the Labor Day holiday. While at my local Food Lion I saw Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork Ribs. They came in Fresh Pork Back Ribs, Fresh Pork Spareribs, and Fresh Pork St. Louis Style Spareribs.
I was happy to see that they contained no artificial ingredients and had a "Pitmaster Preferred" stamp on every package of ribs. I picked up 4 packages of the Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork Spareribs. I wanted to try my BBQ dry rub along with homemade BBQ sauce on the ribs on the grill to see how they tasted.
When I got home I had my husband fire up the grill. I made my homemade BBQ dry rub and rubbed it all over the top of the ribs. He put the ribs on the grill and checked on them periodically for an hour and a half. After that I took out my homemade BBQ sauce and basted the ribs for the last 30 minutes. They looked and smelled amazing when we pulled them off the grill.
I cut them into pieces and served them along with extra sauce. The ribs were delicious. The sauce was sweet with a hint of spiciness and it tasted so good with the grilled ribs. The ribs were really flavorful which I think came from being grilled. The sauce almost caramelized on top of the ribs which tasted awesome.
So if you are looking for a delicious Labor Day meal think about going to Food Lion and buying Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork Ribs. Right now you can take advantage of the $1.00 off Food Lion coupon on Smithfield Extra Tender Ribs so head on over to Food Lion today!
- 2 T. paprika
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. chili powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 2 t. black pepper
- 2 racks of Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork Spareribs
- 2 c. ketchup
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- ⅓ c. vinegar
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. brown mustard
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. hot sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Spread half of the BBQ dry rub on top of each of the racks of Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork Spareribs.
- Place the ribs on the grill over indirect heat for 1½ hours. Check on the ribs periodically.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once the sauce is boiling reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After grilling the ribs for 1½ hours put half of the BBQ sauce in a bowl and using a basting brush, began brushing the ribs with the BBQ sauce every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and cut into pieces.
- Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.