Are you someone who hosts a lot of parties? I am! We seem to host a lot of parties, dinners, and gatherings with our friends. It’s not because we have the biggest house because we don’t. I’m pretty sure it’s due to the food and beverages we put out at our house.
Every year at the holidays we host a holiday party for our friends in town. It’s usually the first weekend in December and it sets the stage for the holiday season. We have anywhere from 15-25 show up. I always have a huge spread of appetizers and desserts and no one leaves hungry.
Let’s not forget about the beverages. No party is complete without a signature cocktail. I totally believe this and try to have one or two at every gathering I host. This year I made a festive and delicious Rosemary and Blood Orange Sangria.
So how did I come up with the idea for this sangria? It actually took longer than usual. I knew I wanted it to be a white sangria and I was using a white blend that is just a bit sweet. I tried several different flavors before the blood orange won out. While fresh squeeze blood orange juice is preferable you can also use a blood orange mixer. Either one gives the pretty color and a tasty flavor to the sangria.
In addition to the white wine blend and the blood orange juice there is a bit of lime juice in this sangria. I then took a bottle of sparkling water and poured that in as well. I followed that up with a bunch of fresh rosemary. I love how the green rosemary looked in the orange sangria.
This sangria tastes delicious. It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit tart, and really refreshing. I served it cold with wedges of orange and a sprig of rosemary on the side. This was a popular beverage at our holiday party and it can be a popular one at your next party too!
- 2 bottles CK Mondavi Blonde Five (or any white wine blend)
- 4 c. fresh squeezed blood orange juice (or 2 cups of blood orange mixer)
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 liter sparkling water
- ½ c. simple syrup
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- Orange slices
- In a large container combine the CK Mondavi Blonde Five, blood orange juice, lime juice, sparkling water, and simply syrup. Mix well.
- Add ice, fresh rosemary, and orange slices.
- Serve with an addition slice of orange and a sprig of rosemary.
Winter Cocktail Recipes #SundaySupper
- Bourbon Flipby Sunday Supper Movement
- Buttery Nipple Cocktail by Positively Stacey
- Candy Cane Cocktail by My Blissful Mess
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Restless Chipotle
- Ginger Caramel Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mincemeat Manhattan by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mulled Cranberry Vodka Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Snow Honey Cocktail by Our Good Life
- Sugar Plum Martini by Pies and Plots
Winter Wines and Punch
- Apple Cider Sangria by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Christmas Party Punch by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail by The Freshman Cook
- Gluhwein (German Mulled Wine) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rosemary and Blood Orange Sangria for a Party by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.