I am all for baking treats for the holidays. I usually make an abundance of cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. While I love a good treat, sometimes I just don’t have the time to make them.
This past week was no exception. I’ve been busy at work, at home, and with this blog. I still needed to make some treats for the students at school but I didn’t have a whole lot of time.
I quickly grabbed a bag of strawberry flavored marshmallows and some candy melts. I looked in the pantry and found tons of red, pink, white, and gold sprinkles. I looked for lollipop sticks but I couldn’t find any. I grabbed a handful of fun red and white striped straws instead.
I cut the straws in half the stuck a half into each marshmallow. Then I melted white and bright pink candy melts in the microwave. I simply dipped half of the marshmallow into the candy and then rolled it in the sprinkles. That’s it! In about 15 minutes I had 2 dozen delicious chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles on them.
These are a fun and easy treat to make for Valentine’s Day. They have all the colors of the holiday and taste like strawberries and chocolate. If you have kids at home this is a great treat for them to make as well!
- 24 Strawberry flavored marshmallows
- ½ c. white chocolate candy melts
- ½ c. pink candy melts
- Pink, red, white, and gold sprinkles
- Stick a lollipop stick or half of a straw into each of the strawberry flavored marshmallows.
- Place the white chocolate candy melts in one bowl and the pink melts in a second bowl.
- Heat each bowl of candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted.
- Pour the sprinkles into shallow dishes.
- Dip the marshmallows into either the white or the pink candy melts then roll into the sprinkles. Place the marshmallows on a sheet of waxed paper to harden.