This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
I can’t believe that fall officially starts this weekend! I used to really dread this time of year because it means that winter is right around the corner but that’s before I really got in to baking. Now that I’m a huge baker fall is one of my favorite times of year! The spices, apples, pumpkins, and holidays give me all the feels once school is back in session.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Caramel Apple Sheet Cake. While most cakes are made in cake pans or baking dishes, this one is made on a baking sheet. This makes for a thinner cake but I think it’s better because the caramel really goes through the entire cake. I used Nordic Ware Prism Quarter Sheet Pan. These baking pans are awesome because the bottom is ridged and things don’t stick to it. It was perfect for this Apple Cake!
One reason I like this cake is because the batter is super simple. In fact, I bet you have all the ingredients just lying around your kitchen. It’s a basic sheet cake that gets dressed up with apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and caramel.
This cake smells amazing as it’s baking. I couldn’t wait to get it out of the oven and cut it into squares. Because it’s made in a sheet pan it’s a fairly thin cake so I didn’t feel nearly as guilty eating a piece of this as I would a regular cake. I like that the cake stays moist from the apples throughout and the caramel on top.
To make this cake even better I added a scoop of Salted Caramel ice cream on top. It wasn’t a very big one but the creamy ice cream added something special to the apple cake. I also gave the ice cream a sprinkle of cinnamon. I think vanilla bean ice cream or cinnamon ice cream would be just as good on top!
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 c. flour
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ c. milk
- ½ c. caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add in the vanilla, butter, egg, and milk and mix until combined.
- Stir in the apples.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Drizzle with half the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce and cut into squares.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
Check out Tuesday’s #AppleWeek recipes:
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.