This post is sponsored by Greek Gods but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
There are only a handful of things that I typically eat for breakfast. They are toast, bagels, oatmeal, and yogurt. On occasion I will eat something else but those are the four things I most often eat for breakfast. If we have people coming over I’ll whip up pancakes or waffles but those aren’t the norm.
One thing I really enjoy but I don’t often make is a yogurt parfait. We usually have yogurt and fruit but I don’t have the time to make homemade granola during the week. Another problem is that I like to make yogurt parfaits with Greek yogurt because it’s thicker and holds the fruit and granola better than regular yogurt but there aren’t a ton of Greek yogurts that I like.
My new favorite is Greek Gods® Greek-Style Yogurt. I recently found this yogurt in the dairy section at my local Walmart and I am loving it! Greek Gods® Greek-Style Yogurt has a rich and creamy texture as well as a delicious flavor that is less tart than other greek yogurts which is perfect for me. I also like that it is lightly sweetened with honey so I don’t need to add any other sweeteners to it.
Greek Gods® Greek-Style Yogurt comes in several delicious flavors but my favorite is the Honey Vanilla. It’s perfect for making a yogurt bowl, a morning smoothie, a yogurt parfait, or just eating it plain for breakfast. I am also loving it in my baked goods for dessert. I’ve been substituting either the milk for this yogurt or taking out half of the butter and substituting this yogurt instead. It’s awesome in fruit muffins, lemon cakes, fruit tarts, or even cheesecake!
But back to my Honey Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits with Homemade Spiced Honey Granola. I made the granola ahead of time and added in walnuts, pepitas, and flax seeds but you can really use any nuts and seeds you would like. Another great combination is almonds, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds. I drizzled it with honey and baked it in the oven.
Once it came out I layered Greek Gods® Honey Vanilla Greek-Style Yogurt, strawberries, homemade granola, and then those same layers again! It was so tasty! The yogurt was smooth and lightly sweetened which went really well with the crunchy spiced granola and the sweet fresh fruit. These yogurt parfaits are great for breakfast but they would be just as good as a dessert.
- 3 c. Greek Gods® Honey Vanilla Greek-Style Yogurt
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 c. oats
- ¼ c. flax seed (or chia seeds)
- ¼ c. nuts, chopped
- ¼ c. pepitas (or sunflower seeds)
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ t. ginger
- 1 t. sea salt
- 3 T. honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, flax seed, nuts, pepitas, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and sea salt. Mix well and pour on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the mixture with the honey and using your hands mix the honey into the granola.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 15 minutes.
- To make the parfaits line up 4 glasses. Place ⅓ cup of yogurt in each glass. Place ¼ cup of strawberry slices on top of the yogurt then sprinkle each cup with 2-3 tablespoons of granola.
- Place another ⅓ cup of yogurt in each glass. Place ¼ cup of blueberries on top of the yogurt then sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of granola.
- Serve chilled.
Visit your local Walmart and then let me know, what is your favorite flavor of Greek Gods® Greek-Style Yogurt?