Do you know what May is? It's National Egg Month! To celebrate I've created a egg-stra special breakfast recipe just for my readers! Plus I wanted to let you know that Eggland's Best is hosting their 2014 recipe contest this month. Make sure you visit the Eggland's Best website and enter your recipe to win! They are accepting entries from May 5, 2014-July 31, 2014. The grand prize winner will receive $10,000 plus a year supply of of EB eggs!
There are three main uses I have for eggs. First, I use them in all of my baked goods. Second, I am a huge quiche fan and often whip one up with whatever vegetables I have on hand. Third, we like to use eggs for our breakfast. This recipe is a delicious bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast crescent wrap. The eggs are scrambled in a pan with fresh vegetables then wrapped in crescent roll along with bacon and cheese. They are cooked to a golden brown and served hot.
I like these for several reasons. They were easy to make and I was able to wash all the dishes while they were baking. They were prepared and made in under 35 minutes which makes for a fast breakfast. Lastly is the taste. The saltiness of the bacon with the bite of the cheese all surrounded with the fluffy eggs makes for the perfect individual sized breakfast.
- 4 strips bacon, cut in half
- ½ c. bell peppers, chopped (I used red and yellow)
- ¼ c. onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 roll of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the bacon slices in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are just cooked but not browned. Remove from pan and set on a paper towel to drain.
- Remove all but 1 teaspoon of bacon fat from the pan. Add the peppers, onion, and garlic to the bacon fat and saute for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and black pepper. Pour over top of the pepper mixture and gently push the eggs around the pan with a spatula for 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and divide into 8 triangles. Place one slice of lightly cooked bacon on each crescent triangle. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the egg and vegetable mixture on top of the bacon and then place a few thin slices of cheese on top.
- Starting at the small end, roll up the crescent rolls. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool for 2 minutes, and serve hot.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Eggland's Best wants to give one of my readers an Eggland's Best gift pack including 2 coupons for free Eggland's Best Eggs, and a $25 Visa gift card! This contest is open to residents of the United States. Contest ends May 11th.
By choosing Eggland’s Best eggs over ordinary eggs, you are getting an egg that is fresher, tastes better and contains more vitamins and nutrients. In fact, Eggland’s Best eggs were recently featured in Parade magazine as Product of the Year and Prevention magazine as one of their Cleanest Packaged Foods
A few quick facts about Eggland's Best Eggs:
-They have four times more vitamin D
-More than double the omega-3s
-Ten times more vitamin E
-25% less saturated fat
The Eggland's Best coupons, information, and two gift cards have been provided by Eggland's Best.