When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. It has all of my favorites in it-crispy chicken, a creamy sauce, and pasta all wrapped up into one dish. This is another great 30 minute meal. The pasta cooks while the chicken is crisping in the skillet. The chicken was awesome by itself and with the sauce. The cornflake crust gets extra crispy and is flavored with salt and pepper.
The sauce was tasty but really thick. Next time I think I’ll eliminate the cream of chicken and add in another cup of chicken broth. It’s creamy, filled with herbs, and very tasty. The recipe called for bowtie pasta but I had a box of vegetable pasta (tomato and carrot) that I needed to use and I think it went really well with the creamy sauce. This is definitely comfort food with the fried chicken and creamy sauce. It’s a great winter time dish.
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Herb Sauce and Pasta (adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up!) 3 large chicken breasts 4 c. corn flakes 3/4 c. flour 1 t. salt 1 t. black pepper 1/2 c. low fat milk 3 T. olive oil 12 oz. pasta
For the Sauce: 1 (10 oz) container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb) 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 c. chicken broth 1/2 c. low fat milk 2 T. fresh chopped parsley
1. In a small food processor crush the cornflakes into crumbs. Pour into a shallow dish and add half the salt and all the pepper.
2. In another dish combine the rest of the salt and the flour. In a third shallow dish pour the milk.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
5. Cut each chicken breast in half. Dredge in the flour then dip into the milk. Immediately coat with the corn flakes making sure the chicken is completely covered. Put in the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. In the same pan you cooked the chicken in add the chicken broth, Philadelphia Cooking Cream, cream of chicken soup, and milk. Whisk the sauce until well combined. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
7. Put the pasta on a plate and top with the sauce. Place a piece of chicken on top of the pasta and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.