A couple of years ago I was making a linguini and clams recipe 2-3 times a month. It was one of our favorite meals and there were a lot of great flavors in it. Eventually my husband and I grew tired of the dish and we probably haven't had it in over a year. So when I came across a very simple recipe for pasta with clam sauce my mouth literally started watering.
I happened to have all the ingredients in the kitchen so I made it the night I saw it. The flavor is light and slightly salty with a bite from the Parmesan cheese. It's delicious and much easier to make then my old recipe. Perfect for a weeknight meal when you don't know what to make.
Pasta with Clam Sauce (adapted from Branny Boils Over)
12 oz. thin pasta, such as thin spaghetti or linguini
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
2 T. unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams, drained and juices reserved
½ cup half and half
½ t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. parsley
½ t. Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan, for serving
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add in the reserved clam juice. Bring it to a simmer and let it reduce by half, about 7 minutes.
5. With the heat on low, stir in the clams, half and half, salt, pepper, parsley, and Italian seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
6. Continue cooking on low for 3-5 minutes.
7. Place the pasta on a plate and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.