I've got another great weeknight meal for you! I've managed to make 5 meals this week all under 30 minutes and each one had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. This one starts with a Smithfield Herb and Garlic Pork Tenderloin which I purchased at my local Food Lion store.
Smithfield has a has many delicious marinated pork products including:
- Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Loin Fillet
- Smithfield Garlic & Herb Filet
- Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic Tenderloin
- Smithfield Garlic & Herb Tenderloin
- Smithfield Peppercorn Sirloin
- Smithfield Garlic & Herb Sirloin
In the month of September the Smithfield marinated pork products are on sale from $4.99-$9.99 at Food Lion! To see more great meals ready in 20-30 minutes using Smithfield marinated pork products go HERE. Since the pork was on sale I grabbed a Garlic & Herb Tenderloin for this recipe and a Peppercorn & Garlic Tenderloin for later!
Now I normally either grill the pork tenderloin or I roast it in the oven but today I decided to do something a little bit different. I cut the tenderloin into 9 pork medallions. Each medallion was about 2 inches thick. I sauteed the medallions in a pan and then made a delicious (and healthier) mushroom gravy. It was simple to make with mushrooms, shallots, a little flour, and beef broth. That's about all you need for a delicious gravy. This entire meal was made in just over 20 minutes.
To round out the meal I served it with roasted green beans and mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were perfect with the pork medallions and I poured some of the extra mushroom gravy over top of them. It was a delicious meal ready in about 20 minutes and it's perfect for the colder weather coming.
- 1 Smithfield Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1-2 T. milk
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 9 or 10 two-inch thick medallions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Allow the butter to completely melt and begin bubbling. Add the pork medallions and cook for 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the medallions from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once it has melted add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour. Pour in the beef broth and mix well. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until the gravy has thickened. Stir in the milk.
- Add the pork medallions and any accumulated juices to the pan. Heat for 2-3 minutes and serve the medallions topped with the mushroom gravy.
This post is sponsored by Sverve. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.