I was so excited when I found out I was going to be a Smirnoff Fridgetender Summer Rewind House Party host! What could be more fun then having some friends over for an end of the summer happy hour? Not too much!
My party pack arrived soon after. Inside the party pack were a bunch of fun items for the party. I received two fun tuxedo print shirts, 14 Fridgetender masks, 14 Smirnoff Koozies, an inflatable beach ball, a cooler, and some napkins and coasters. I immediately snagged the T-shirt for myself and began wearing it around the house.
I ended up buying Smirnoff Premium Malt Drinks in Original Lemonade and Cranberry and Lime. The clear winner of the evening was the cranberry and lime. It was sweet and just slightly tart. It was the perfect refreshing beverage on a hot summer night.
I didn't forget the food either! I planned a lot of appetizers since this was a happy hour party. We had pigs in a blanket, pizza pinwheels, mini fruit tarts, chips with homemade salsa, and buffalo hummus with veggies and pita chips. I also served water and soda for those that had to drive and couldn't partake in the adult beverages.
We ended up having a blast. The weather was beautiful so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the evening. Everyone loved putting on the Fridgetender masks and the Koozies were a huge hit as well. I acted as the Fridgetender with the tuxedo shirt on and walked around passing out drinks whenever anyone got low. It was the perfect end to a wonderful summer!
**HouseParty and Smirnoff provided me with a party pack and a gift card in order to host this party. All opinions are my own.**
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels (adapted from Pillsbury)
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. oregano
1 t. parsley
½ c. pepperoni, chopped
¾ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ c. Parmesan cheese
½ c. marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Unroll the dough on a table. Sprinkle the dough with the garlic cloves, oregano, and parsley. Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and finally the pepperoni.
3. Starting at the short side, roll the dough into a log. Make sure you keep the dough tight so that rolls don't fall apart.
4. Slice the dough into 1 inch pieces. Place the pieces on a greased cookie sheet and lightly press down on them to flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.
6. Remove from oven and serve with warn marinara sauce.