As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Lightly sweetened cream cheese studded with pineapple and spices is great on bagels, muffins, or morning toast!
I am not one to go to the store and buy a container of flavored cream cheese. I prefer to buy plain cream cheese because you can use it on anything and can bake with it. On occasion I will enjoy a bagel with flavored cream cheese if I buy it at a shop and want cream cheese on it because then I won’t have a ton left over.
Last week I made hummingbird sourdough muffins. While they were delicious I felt like something was missing. After experimenting with a few different things I realized that a fruit flavored cream cheese would be great on them!
I didn’t want to have to run out and buy a tub or two of cream cheese only to find out I didn’t like the flavor with the muffins so I decided to experiment at home. I used one block of cream cheese, divided it into 4 pieces, and made each one into a different flavor. While 3 of the 4 flavors was good, one was clearly better than the rest.
That flavor is the spiced pineapple cream cream. It’s super easy to make with just 4 ingredients. You need cream cheese, honey, cinnamon, and crushed pineapple. If you only have pineapple chunks or fresh pineapple don’t worry, you can put them in the food processor to crush them and use in this recipe.
If cinnamon isn’t your favorite spice feel free to use nutmeg or ginger or a combination of all three! I think a lot of different spices could be added to this cream cheese mixture depending on how you are using them. You can also use full fat cream cheese or the reduced fat.
To make the cream cheese all of the ingredients are simply mixed together in a bowl. That’s it! While you could use a mixer I liked mixing it by hand because you could see the pineapple which allowed me to really taste it when I spread it on my muffins. I only used four ounces of cream cheese which made just enough for a dozen muffins.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- Not a fan of pineapple? Substitute mashed strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Instead of cinnamon try nutmeg, ginger, or cardamom.
- You could also try mixing this together with butter instead of cream cheese for a sweet pineapple butter spread.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. crushed pineapple
- 1 T. honey
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Check out these other recipes using 5 or less ingredients:
- Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna from Blogghetti
- Easy Stove Top Mac & Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Five Ingredient Tortillas-18 Different Ways! from Magical Ingredients
- Herbed Mustard Sirloin from That Recipe
- Immersion Blender Hollandaise from Art of Natural Living
- Meatball Sub Casserole from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Parmesan Crusted Filet from Making Miracles
- Pepper Jack Pimento Cheese from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Pineapple Cream Cheese from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks