St. Patick’s Day is right around the corner. While I’m not Irish I do celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. As an elementary school teacher I celebrate many holidays I wouldn’t otherwise celebrate but the kids really enjoy the days. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I have several pairs of socks, a t-shirt, 2 shamrock necklaces, and even a shamrock headband.
Due to the crazy amount of snow days this year our February and March reward party had to be combined into a Valentine’s Day/St. Patrick’s Day party. That meant I had to find treats for both holidays. Valentine’s Day was easy because I always makes sweets for it but St. Patrick’s Day was harder. Naturally I went digging in my pantry (which holds WAY too many baking supplies) and I came up with green M & M’s and white chocolate chips.
My students are crazy about my cookies and I thought M & M and white chocolate chip cookies would be a winner with them. I used a basic sugar cookie dough and then added in the extras. The kids loved them. The taste of the chocolate candies and white chocolate chips was perfect and the green and white were great for Valentine’s Day. I even frozen a dozen of the dough balls so we can have them at home on St. Patrick’s Day. My husband tried one that I was taking in for the kids and is excited to have some for just us.
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. green M & M's (I had a bag of Xmas M & M's and picked out the green ones)
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Fold in the M & M's and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.