As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This month Golden Girl Granola is hosting a contest for bloggers and home cooks to share their best granola recipe using Golden Girl Granola. I was excited to take this challenge because of all the delicious flavors of granola this company has. The flavors include: Forest Maple, Bluesberry, Creative Cranberry, Chocolate Decadence, Original, Home Sweet Honey, and Truly Tropical.
For my recipe I wanted to use the Truly Tropical which includes coconut, mango, and cashews. I thought this blend would make a tasty tropical breakfast muffin. I added in some pineapple because I thought it would pair well with the mango and coconut.
Not only did I add the granola to the muffin batter, I also used it for a crumble on top of the muffins too! The muffins came out moist and delicious. They tasted very tropical with the pineapple, coconut, and mango. The cashews added a bit of crunch as did the granola topping.
These would be a great breakfast muffin or as a snack during the day. They are loaded with fruit and nuts so they are energizing as well. My husband doesn’t even like coconut and he enjoyed both these muffins and the granola.
For the muffins:
- 2 c. flour
- ¾ c. granola
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¾ c. crushed pineapple
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ c. milk
For the topping:
- ½ c. granola
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 15 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, granola, baking powder, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Add in the egg and mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one ¾ of the way full.
- In a small bowl combine the granola, brown sugar, and pineapple juice. Sprinkle over top of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the tops have browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe