Green bean Casserole with Madeira Mushrooms (adapted from Cooking Light)
1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
2 T. olive oil
1 c. sweet onion, chopped
1 t. fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. slice mushrooms
1/3 c. Madeira wine or dry sherry
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 T. flour
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. canned fried onions
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook the beans in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
4. Stir in the wine, salt, and pepper. Add in the flour and mix well to combine. Cook for another minute.
5. Slowly add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute or until the mixture thickens. Pour the mushroom mixture over the green beans and toss to coat.
6. Pour the green bean mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fried onions. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is browned.
This post linked to: