This is my first Food.Fun.Hop event hosted by Shy Babies & Little Inspiration. For the Food Fun Hop the wonderful people at Wholly Guacamole sent me a cooler (that’s right an entire cooler!) full of Wholly Salsa and guacamole. They sent me 8 amazing salsa flavors including mild, medium, hot, pineapple, red pepper mango, roasted tomato, guacamole and spicy pico, and avocado verde!
Wholly Salsa tastes fresh and is made with all natural ingredients. The salsas are fat free, gluten free, and Kosher certified. I recently took three flavors to a party and they were gone within 10 minutes! While I enjoyed trying all 8 of the salsas my favorites were the medium, red pepper mango, and roasted tomato. I love that the salsa is chunky and I was able to see the ingredients. I have always bought Wholly Guacamole and I’m glad I had a chance to try Wholly Salsa! I know it will be showing up on my grocery list a lot this summer.
I had a very difficult time trying to decide which salsa I wanted to use to make a recipe. After a big struggle I decided to use both the medium salsa and the red pepper mango salsa! I made a delicious brisket that I used in tacos with a red pepper mango sauce. It was delicious. The brisket is tender and juicy, the red pepper mango sauce gives the brisket a slightly sweet and tangy flavor, and the medium salsa adds just a hint of spice. It was the perfect summer taco recipe.
Brisket Tacos with Red Pepper Mango Sauce (adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride)
3 lb. brisket
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 T. ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. red pepper
16 oz. Dublin Dr. Pepper (made with real sugar-if you can’t find this use regular Dr. Pepper with 3 T. sugar)
For the Red Pepper Mango Sauce:
1 T. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. ketchup
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. spicy brown mustard
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1/2 c. Wholly Salsa Red Pepper and Mango salsa
For the tacos:
8 flour tortillas
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. pepper jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Wholly Salsa Medium salsa
1/2 c. Wholly Guacamole
2. Place the brisket in a crock-pot and pour the Dr. Pepper over top of it. Cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Remove from the crock-pot and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
4. While the brisket is resting heat the oil olive in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Saute the onions for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Slice the brisket against the grain into 1/8 inch thick strips.
7. To assemble the tacos place a flour tortilla on a plate. Top with a generous amount of brisket. Cover the brisket with the red pepper mango sauce. Sprinkle on cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Top with desired amount of Wholly Salsa and Wholly Guacamole.
8. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll. Slice in half and enjoy.
Now for the giveaway! One of my readers will win a cooler full of Wholly Products! The giveaway is open to US readers and will run through July 14 at midnight. I will contact the winner via e-mail on July 15.
a Rafflecopter giveaway **Wholly Salsa Products were received in order to facilitate this review and giveaway, but all opinions are 100% my own.**