Notice anything different about my blog today? After almost 3 years of going under the blog address http://hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.blogspot.com I’ve switched over to my own .com! Make sure you update my blog address in your reader as the new address is www.hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.com. I’m super excited to share my new domain with you! Speaking of new things, what until you see what I have for you this week for #SundaySupper.
For the past two years I’ve made a list of things I wanted to accomplish during the year. Since I’m 32 this year my list consisted of 32 items, many of them cooking related. So when I found out the theme for #SundaySupper this week was to tackle something new in the kitchen I really wanted to knock something off my list.
I decided on Naan because I’ve seen several delicious looking recipes recently plus I heard someone talking about Naan pizza and just knew I had to try it! This is an easy bread to make because it only rises once and then is cooked in a skillet. I wasn’t sure about the skillet method but it made the Naan golden brown and delicious.
It reminded me of flatbread and I think it would be great to use for a sandwich or wrap. We really enjoyed it as a base for a pizza. It was sturdy enough to hold them topping and was perfect for dinner. I’m so glad I tried this recipe. It’s much easier and faster to make then many other breads and it’s so versatile I know I’ll be making this recipe a lot in the future!
1. In a large bowl combine the yeast, sugar, and water. Stir to dissolve then let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the oil, yogurt, and egg. Mix well.
3. Slowly mix in the flour, a half cup at a time, along with the salt and pepper. Mix until the dough comes together and then remove from the bowl and knead for 5 minutes.
4. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with a towel. Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
5. After the dough has risen, flatten it out and cut it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Roll each ball into a 1/4 inch thick pancake shape that is 6 inches in diameter.
6. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Place the dough in the skillet and cook until the under side is golden brown and bubbles begin forming. Flip the dough and cook until the other side is golden brown as well.
7. Repeat with remaining dough.
Naan Pizza (a Hezzi-D original)
4 pieces Naan
1/2 c. marinara sauce
3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 c. pepperoni
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each piece of Naan. Top with 3 tablespoons of cheese and pepperoni.
3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
These are the dishes that our contributors have been dying to declare victory over.
New Expeditions (Sides, Starters & Staples)
Homemade Corn Tortillas from Pescetarian Journal
Easy Oven Polenta from Shockingly Delicious
Homemade Spiced Flour Tortillas from Chocolate Moosey
Naan from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Homemade Tofu from Kimchi MOM
Indian Moong Beans from Magnolia Days
Baked Lemon Coconut Risotto from Soni’s Food
Homemade Peanut Butter from Home Cooking Memories
Homemade Ricotta Cheese from Webicurean
Portuguese Chorizo Bread from Family Foodie
Savory mushroom and herb steel cut oat Risotto Foxes Love Lemons
Grilled Asian Snap Peas and Peppers from Neighborfood
Grand Quests (Main Dishes)
Traditional Pork Tamales from Gourmet Drizzles
Braised Lamb Brisket with Lemon Oregano Yogurt Sauce from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Rice Burger from The Urban Mrs.
Pan-fried Scallops with Garlic Chili Linguine from Food Lust People Love
Miso-Glazed Salmon from The Foodie Patootie
Penne with Mustard and Chives from My Other City By The Bay
Arepas Rellenas (Stuffed Arepas) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Spanish Baked Scallops from Momma’s Meals
Black Beans and Cheese Empanadas from Basic N Delicious
Pork Dim Sum from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Venison Steak Gyros from Curious Cuisiniere
Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Basil Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
Vegetarian Hortobagyi Pancakes from Happy Baking Days
Caribou & Andouille Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Escapades (Sweet Treats & Spirited Companions)
Vegan Chocolate Mousse from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Zebra Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Multilayer Bars from What Smells So Good?
Rut-Busting Wines For New Cooking Adventures from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows from Vintage Kitchen
Strawberry Raspberry Fruit Leather from Juanita’s Cocina
Making Macarons – FAIL! from girlichef
Macaroons from Noshing With The Nolands
Fresh Strawberry Frozen Yogurt from The Messy Baker
Bircher Muesli from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Hello Kitty Rice Krispies from The Ninja Baker
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from In The Kitchen With KP
Dorie Greenspan’s Orange Almond Tart from Hip Foodie Mom
Ombre Mini Cakes from Daily Dish Recipes
Chocolate Dipped Madeleines from Big Bear’s Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, April 28th to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 3:00 pm AKST/7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.