Who likes beans? I was always a huge fan of green beans as a kid but I really didn’t like many other types. However, as I got older I realized how delicious beans were and started putting them in a lot of different dishes. This week Sunday Supper is sharing all of our Beantastic recipes!
Pork chop night is never a favorite at our house. I have a hard time figuring out what to do with pork chops. I’m not sure why as I have a ton of ideas for other types of meat. I usually go for just pan frying the pork chops or baking them in the oven. So when I found a recipe for pork chops cooked with spinach and beans, basically a one pot meal, I was willing to try it.
The pork chops are sauteed in a pan with garlic and herbs until they are cooked through. Then they are removed to a plate while the beans and spinach are cooked. After the vegetables are cooked the pork chops are returned to the pan and everything is cooked together until hot.
I really ended up liking these pork chops. They had a great herb flavor and the balsamic vinegar adds a ton of flavor. The beans and spinach are refreshing in a bright lemon sauce. The meal pairs wonderfully together and is great served with a bit of crusty bread.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. sage leaves, chopped
- 1 t. rosemary, chopped
- 1 t. thyme, chopped
- 1 T. parsley, chopped
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. baby spinach, stems removed
- ½ c. thinly sliced green onions
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pork chops and herb mixture to a plate.
- Add the lemon juice, cannellini beans, and baby spinach to the saurte pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the pork chops and accumulated juices back to the pan on top of the beans and spinach and cook for 3-4 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot.
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Have you heard about Food and Wine Conference? It brings together bloggers, small business owners, wine makers, chefs, public relations professionals, brands, and more for three fun filled days in Florida! This year Food and Wine Conference will be held July 17-19 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida. Want to come? Use the code FWC15kingh and receive $50 off your ticket price! www.foodandwineconference.com