One thing I love about summer is grilling. I love the way food tastes on the grill, I love that I don’t have to heat up the kitchen, and I really like that my husband does the grilling so I can relax. One of our favorite things to grill or kabobs. It’s such an easy and healthy dinner entree. It’s also a great way to use leftover vegetables that I have in the refrigerator.
I’m always looking for new marinades to use on the kabobs. Whenever I’m in a hurry I simply use a pre-made marinade and throw everything in the refrigerator for a few hours. However, whenever I have time I like to experiment with different flavors. My newest marinade contains Musselman’s Apple Butter in it. I know what you are thinking, apple butter? I wasn’t sure about it as a marinade either. #AppleButterSpin
I mixed up the marinade with the apple butter, garlic, vinegar, tomato juice, and some seasonings. It smelled delicious. I mixed it with the beef and left it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. When I took it out I stacked the beef between slices of pineapple, yellow squash, mushrooms, and peppers.
When the kabobs came off the grill the smell was amazing. The marinade had made a thin, crisp layer on the beef. It tasted delicious! The flavors were slightly sweet with a pinch of cinnamon and a ton of garlic. I was surprised by how much both my husband and I enjoyed these kabobs.
- ⅓ c. tomato juice
- ½ c. Musselman's apple butter
- 3 T. white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t. Italian seasonings
- ¼ t. salt
- ⅛ t. cayenne pepper
- 2 T. bourbon
- 2 lb. beef cubes
- 4 c. sliced vegetables (I used yellow squash, mushrooms, red peppers, and pineapple)
- Combine all ingredients except the vegetables and beef in a large container. Mix well.
- Add the beef and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Alternate beef and vegetables on skewers until they are full.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning several times, until the beef is completely cooked. Remove from heat and serve over rice.
Musselman’s Apple Butter sent me a jar of Apple Butter, some delicious grilling recipes, and a Wilton Armetale fish griller to help me out with my summer grilling. This kabob recipe is one that they sent. I haven’t used the fish griller yet but my husband is very excited to try it out! Want to win your own package containing Musselman’s Apple Butter, grilling recipe cards, and a Wilton Armetale fish griller? Enter below! Giveaway is open to US residents only.