I’m always on the look out for easy appetizers since we entertain so much. I often find recipes in magazines and clip them for later use. So when my team was in charge of our monthly luncheon at school I offered to bring a dessert and an appetizer. I had already decided to bring pumpkin bread but I needed an easy appetizer.
I went with Taco Dip because it was easy to make and it tastes pretty great too. The great thing about this dip is that you can layer it with whatever taco toppings you like best! We layered ours with salsa, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, and cumin. The base layer is made out of cream cheese and sour cream mixed with taco seasonings.
I served it with tortilla chips and crackers. I think I liked the tortilla chips better with the dip but it was pretty tasty on crackers too. It would also be fun to put the dip on grilled crostini for a more substantial appetizer.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 oz. black olives, sliced
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Add in the salsa, half the cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, and garlic.
- Spread the dip into a bowl. Top with remaining cheese and additional jalapenos and tomatoes for garnish.