Awards season is here and Sunday Supper is celebrating with a Red Carpet Party! To me, every red carpet party needs a specialty drink so I set about to make a fabulous one.
I have been in a cocktail mood lately and have been using what we have in the bar downstairs in new and fun cocktails. Most of them are fruity because I like the lighter cocktails. I try to make cocktails that aren’t too sweet because it’s hard to drink more then one when they taste like sugar water.
Earlier in the year I made a Lemon Ginger Tea Martini that was super tasty. I kept the ginger syrup in the refrigerator because it’s a great way to add flavor to iced tea, water, and even baked goods. So when I was looking for a new cocktail I found myself thinking of another one using the ginger flavor.
I had half a bottle of apple pie vodka left from a party we had and I thought apple and ginger sounded great together. I ended up mixing the apple pie vodka, ginger syrup, a splash of orange liqueur, and some some regular vodka into a martini. I rimmed the edge with shimmering gold sugar and floated an apple slice in the middle of the drink
It ended up looking great and tasting really good. This is one of the stronger cocktails I’ve made, but it still has a great flavor. While the drink is served ice cold, it’s really a drink that can warm up your core. It’s the perfect martini for a red carpet party with your friends.
- 2 oz. apple pie vodka
- 1 T. ginger simple syrup
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 slices apple
- Gold sugar
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 T. grated ginger
- Rub a slice of apple around the rim of a martini glass.
- Pour the gold sugar into a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the martini glass in the gold sugar. Set aside.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add in the apple pie vodka, ginger syrup, orange liqueur, and vodka. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour into the prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with the apple slice.
- *To make the simple syrup combine the water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat and cool.