Every morning I wake up and use my Keurig to brew a cup of coffee. While I love a good cup of French vanilla coffee or Pumpkin Spice coffee, I worry about my caffeine intake. More and more lately I’ve been brewing myself Half-Caff coffee. It’s still good but the right creamer really makes it delicious. I’m not someone who can drink their coffee black. I need some milk and some flavor so flavored creamers are a favorite of mine. I love all of the seasonal flavors but then I figured I could probably just make my own coffee creamer at a fraction of the price.
I started out by using heavy cream and spices. I quickly realized I needed to make it sweet and didn’t want to use sugar so I went with sweetened condensed milk. Then I added in a little vanilla and a touch of pumpkin. The resulting creamer was smooth, sweet, and delicious. I stored it in a mason jar in my refrigerator and simply shook it up before using each time. It added a lot of flavor to my morning coffee which was perfect.
- ½ c. sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 T. pumpkin puree
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream.
- Gently stir in the pumpkin until combined. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Pour into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
#PumpkinWeek day 4 recipes:
- Pumpkin Almond Croissants from Love and Confections.
- Pumpkin Cake Pops from Dizzy Busy and Hungry.
- Pumpkin Carrot Cake from Making Miracles.
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Babka from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
- Pumpkin Cranberry Mini Muffins from Feeding Big and more.
- Pumpkin Dip from Gluten Free Crumbley.
- Pumpkin Fudge from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
- Pumpkin Pie Martini from The Redhead Baker.
- Pumpkin Spice Creamer from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
- Spicy Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili from The Crumby Cupcake.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse from A Day in the Life on the Farm.