My husband and I really enjoy quiche. They are simple to make because all you really need are eggs, cheese, a variety of vegetables, and some type of salted cured meat if you want. I often make them on the weekends or whenever I’m home from school. Since this week’s Sunday Supper theme is Eggtastic Recipes I couldn’t wait to share one of my quiche recipes.
I’m sure this blog has at least 5 recipes for quiche on it but I’m going to add another one! Earlier in this week I got some Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese (if you haven’t tried it you need to get some ASAP!) and I knew I wanted to use it in my quiche. So, I made the entire quiche around the Dubliner flavor.
I started with the meat. I chose Chorizo because the spiciness of the meat works well with the creaminess of the Dubliner. Then all I had to do was find some vegetables to go with the Chorizo and cheese. I picked out bell peppers and sweet onions for their sweetness and asparagus for the look.
The quiche was awesome. One of the best I’ve made to date! The Chorizo lent a spicy flavor, the peppers and onions added sweetness, and the Dubliner cheese was creamy and delicious. All together it made a delicious quiche that looked tasty too. The quiche was the color of eggs with clear asparagus spears throughout the dish and a sprinkling of red paprika on top.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- ½ lb. Chorizo sausage
- 1 c. bell peppers, chopped (I used green and red)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ c. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 t. black pepper
- 5 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 c. Dubliner cheese, shredded
- 1 c. milk
- 2 t. herbs de provence
- 1 t. paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crust and place it in a pie pan. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet crumble the Chorizo and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add in the bell peppers, onions, and asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with black pepper and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl beat the 5 eggs. Add in the garlic, cheese, milk, and herbs de provence. Mix well.
- Place the vegetable Chorizo mixture into the pie crust. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over top of it. Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs(-alad Sandwiches) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
- Achiote Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Chilaquiles from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Frittata from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.