Easter is quickly approaching and I’ve been busy working on new recipes for the holiday. It seems like all of the holidays have run together this run. Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter were all within 6 weeks of each other. This might not seem like a big deal but in the food blogging world it is.
In the food blogging world we start working on recipes a month or two in advance. I like to share recipes for every holiday so the last few months have been really busy. It takes a lot more time an organization to get recipes made, photographed, and blogged with a baby in the house but I’ve been doing as much as I can.
I purchased a big bag of pastel Easter M&M’s at Sam’s Club a few weeks ago and have used them in several different Easter recipes. It’s great when you can take one item and use it in several different ways. These Easter M&M Blondies are super easy to make, are great for Easter, and they taste great too!
To make them I made a basic cookie dough but used more brown sugar then regular sugar. Then I mixed in the pastel M&M’s and white chocolate chips. Instead of making cookies I poured the dough in a pan and make blondies.
The blondies were awesome. They were slightly crispy on the edges and totally soft and delicious on the inside. The M&M’s added a nice pop of color and the white chocolate chips added flavor. These are the perfect addition to Easter dinner.
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. pastel M&M's
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add in the eggs and mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the M&M's and white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut into 18 bars.
Monday Easter Week Recipes
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bunny Cinnamon Rolls by Family Around the Table
- Bunny Mary by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Carrot Roll Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Dipped Robin’s Egg Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Crunchy Easter Bird Nest Granola Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Deviled eggs with creme Fraiche and herbs by Simple and Savory
- Easter M&M Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Egg Benedict Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Puff Pastry Eggs with Ham and Cheese by All that’s Jas
- Sausage and Spinach Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tsoureki – Greek Easter Bread by Caroline’s Cooking
- Whipped Ricotta Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook