As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Life has been busy lately! I’ve been doing some baking for people other than myself, I spend most of my free time with Baby J, and we’ve been trying to get out and do some things as a family. I’m loving everything we are doing but I haven’t had much time for baking.
I’ve been wanting to try out some recipes for Easter but because Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter are all within six weeks of each other this year there hasn’t been much time to practice and create holiday recipes. I’ve been looking for some easy recipes that don’t take a lot of time but are great for the holidays. I’m all for semi-homemade foods.
This recipe for Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies is so easy to make. It only takes a handful of ingredients and the cookies bake up quickly. I had all of the cookies made and baked in under 45 minutes. The awesome thing about this recipe is you can choose any add-ins you want depending on the holiday.
For this version I used add-ins for Easter. I mixed up the Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies and then added in Pastel M&M’s and white chocolate chips. I thought the colors and the flavor of the white chocolate chips screamed Easter. I love how fun and colorful these cookies are.
They turned out really delicious too. These cookies are soft and flavorful. They taste like a cross between cake and a cookie and then the M&M’s add in a delicious kick of chocolate. Serve these after Easter dinner or wrap them up and put them in Easter baskets!
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. Pastel M&M's
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix well until combined.
- Fold in the M&M's and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the batter with a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop and drop on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies just look set. Allow to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from The 36th Avenue
Wednesday Easter Week Recipes
- Braised Rabbit with Fennel and Salsa Verde by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Patch Chocolate Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Citrus Tarragon Asparagus Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Easy Easter Candy Bark by Daily Dish Recipes
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Horseradish Deviled Eggs by Everyday Eileen
- Individual Warm Chocolate Truffle Cakes by Family Around the Table
- Lemon Coconut Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Pancetta Brussels Sprouts by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Polish White Borscht – Bialy Barszcz by All that’s Jas
- Turkey Ham Potato Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings