Create beautiful hand painted champagne glasses using paint, stencils, and glittery Mod Podge.
This post has been sponsored by Plaid. I have received product from Plaid, but all opinions are my own. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy. #ad#plaidcrafts
Every year around the holidays I begin thinking about what I can make for my family members. While I buy presents for everyone, I also think that there’s nothing better then a homemade gift. Some years I make food gifts and other years I make crafts. I try to keep make them something that I know the person I’m gifting it to will use.
The great thing about DIY holiday gifts is that you can customize them to the person you are gifting them too. This year I decided to hand paint different types of glasses and plates for the members of my family. Today I’m sharing a tutorial for the Hand Painted Champagne Glasses I made for my brother and his wife.
In order to make these I simply went to the store and purchased a 4 pack set of champagne glasses. I actually bought several sets of wine glasses as well because I used the same supplies to paint those glasses for other family members. Then I gathered up several different colors of FolkArt Enamel Paint. I used the enamel paint because it works great on glass and finishes with a scratch-resistant finish that is top-shelf dishwasher safe.
I also received the FolkArt Artist Variety Set of paint brushes to help me brush the designs on the champagne glasses. If you are artsy or crafty enough you can simply paint your chosen design onto the glasses. I don’t have much talent when it comes to art so I used FolkArt holiday stencils and letter stencils.
I used the enamel paint and stencils to paint a Christmas tree on each of the glasses. Then I used the letter stencils to put a J on one glass for my brother and a D on a second glass for my sister-in-law. After letting the paint dry I painted Mod Podge Mega Glitter on top of the trees which made it look like there was sparkling snow on top of the trees.
I think the champagne glasses turned out really beautiful. The Christmas trees are bright and colorful with a glittering silver overlay from the Mod Podge that looks like snow. The two glasses with the initials will be nice for my brother and his wife to use during the holidays so they know which glasses are theirs. Without drying time this project took me under 30 minutes and turned out great! I can’t wait to paint the wine glasses for my cousin.
- 4 Champagne glasses
- FolkArt Enamel Paint (red, black, green, and yellow)
- FolkArt Paint Brushes
- FolkArt Holiday Stencils
- Letter Stencils
- Mod Podge Mega Glitter in Silver
- Place the champagne glasses on a sheet of newspaper.
- Squirt a nickel sized spot of each of the paint colors on a paper plate.
- Cut out the holiday stencil you want to use on the glasses. I cut out a Christmas tree.
- Tape the stencil onto the glass using clear tape.
- Using a small brush paint the star with the yellow paint.
- Using a medium brush paint the tree with the green paint. I had to do two coats for the tree because it was a large area.
- Using a small brush paint the trunk of the tree with black paint.
- If you'd like to paint initials on the glasses take the letter stencil with the desired letter on it and carefully tape it to the opposite side of the glass from the tree.
- Carefully paint the letter stencil with the red paint.
- Carefully remove the stencils and touch up any areas that need it.
- Allow the glasses to dry for at least 2 hours.
- Once the paint has dried use a medium brush and brush a thin layer of Mod Podge Mega Glitter over top of the tree in an oval shape. Make sure to cover the entire tree and a quarter inch to half inch around the edges of the tree as well.
- Allow the glasses to dry over night.
Plaid offers so many amazing products and includes lines from lots of well known names including:
…and many more. Check out Plaid’s collection of DIY craft projects for more inspiration!
More DIY Homemade Christmas Ideas
- DIY Cold Weather Care Package
- DIY Christmas Wreath
- DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- DIY Reindeer Ornaments
- Holiday Mason Jar Gift Giving Tutorial
- Winter Holiday Sugar Scrub
Crafting Prize Pack Giveaway from Plaid
Official Rules and Conditions:
One winner will receive a prize pack of craft supplies from Plaid. No cash value. Open United States to adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered by the sponsor, Plaid. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/19/2018. Enter using the widget below.