This pulled pork with mustard barbecue sauce was a recipe I originally made in the slow cooker. While I love my slow cooker the Instant Pot is just so much better! Not only did this take less than an hour to make versus six hours, but you can put the pork in frozen if you want. That means you don't have to plan ahead whenever you want to make this recipe.
The thing I love most about this pulled pork with mustard barbecue sauce is the flavor. It has a slightly spicy taste from the mustard, a tangy taste from the vinegar, and a sweetness from the brown sugar. It really hits my taste buds any time I enjoy it. You can put these on big buns for dinner or on slider rolls and serve them for Game Day.
- 3-4 pound boneless pork roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ c. yellow mustard
- ¼ c. brown mustard
- 1 T. dry mustard
- ¾ c. vinegar (I used red wine vinegar but cider vinegar is delish!)
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 T. hot sauce
- 10 buns or rolls
- Place the pork roast in the Instant Pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion and garlic around the pork roast in the Instant Pot.
- In a medium bowl combine the yellow mustard, brown mustard, dry mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and hot sauce.
- Pour the sauce over top of the pork roast and put the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Hit the button for Pressure Cook and then change the time to 45 minutes.
- Once the timer beats allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes then release the rest manually.
- Shred the pork, mix with the sauce in the pot, and then put the pork on the buns.
Christmas Sweets and Treats
We've got a lot of yummy dessert recipes on the blog, but these are some of our most favorites for Christmastime:
- Peppermint S'mores Trifle
- Fun PEEPS Christmas Cake
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
- Christmas Light Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with Hot Cocoa Frosting