This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartYourGrill #CollectiveBias
In the summer time we love firing up the grill and cooking out, especially when we have company. There's nothing quite like the smell of meat cooking on the grill and I love trying out new grilling recipes. We recently tried Hillshire Farm America Craft Sausages which we found at Safeway. They have some awesome flavors like Smokey Bourbon, Jalapeno Cheddar, and Garlic Onion. We couldn't pick just one so I picked up a package of Jalapeno Cheddar and Smokey Bourbon. I was excited to start creating a few delicious sausage recipes with these American Craft Sausage links.
Why buy American Craft Sausage? American Craft Sausage links are hand crafted to deliver an exceptional flavor. They start with the best cuts of 100% pork and are made with real ingredients like garlic and smokey bourbon. That means the flavor in these sausages is incredible. I was really surprised by the strong flavor of jalapenos and cheddar in the Jalapeno Cheddar sausages. They were bursting with the spicy flavor and were totally delicious. The bourbon had a very distinct flavor in the Smokey Bourbon Sausages. I had bought plenty of toppings for the sausages but in all honesty, they really didn't need them. They had so much flavor on their own. I am also pleased that there are no nitrates, no MSG, and no nitrites added to ensure that all you taste is exceptional sausage.
My husband cooked up both the Jalapeno Cheddar and the Smokey Bourbon sausages on the grill while I prepared the toppings. Even though the sausages were delicious on their own, I just can't help myself from putting some delicious toppings on them. I came up with two different topping options. I made the Triple B Sausage which was the Smokey Bourbon Sausage topped with bacon and BBQ sauce. Then I topped off the Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages with fresh jalapenos and bacon. Both were incredibly delicious and were enjoy by my husband, our guests, and myself.
We enjoyed the sausages so much that I picked up a few more packs and took them up to my moms for another cookout. I only bought two packages which turned out to be a huge mistake as they were the first thing gone at the party! Everyone agreed that the sausages had great flavor and tasted even better when cooked up on the grill. I've since bought several more packages and stocked them in our freezer for an easy weeknight grilling meal.
Want to try these sausages for yourself? Head on over to Safeway and receive $.55 off on any ONE package of Hillshire Farm American Craft sausage links from 7/14/14-7/20/14.
- 5 Hillshire Farm American Craft Sausage links (Smokey Bourbon Flavor)
- 5 pieces of bacon
- ½ c. good quality BBQ sauce
- 5 high quality hot dog or sausage buns
- Heat up an outdoor grill to high heat. Place the sausages on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning 2-3 times to get all of the sides evenly cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a frying pan and cook over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, turning once, until the bacon is browned. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon and place in a bowl.
- Place the BBQ sauce in a bowl along with a spoon.
- Remove the sausages from the grill and place them in the buns. Spoon BBQ over top of the sausages and then sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe