It’s Baby Food Fridays! This week I’ve done my first fruit and vegetable combination. I’ve done a few other combinations but they are either just fruit, just vegetables, or fruits and oatmeal. This was a new experience for us.
I went with fruits that I knew Baby J enjoyed and paired them with a mild vegetable. We’ve made other purees with apples so I used that as my base. Then I added in peaches and carrots. Just a note, when steaming carrots make sure to add a bit of water otherwise they get shriveled up and gross.
Once I blended the fruits and vegetables together in the Baby Bullet I added in some water. It was fairly thin to begin with so I didn’t have to add too much. Then I added in some nutmeg and gave it a try. I thought it tasted really good! Fruity with a little bit of earthy flavor and some spice from the nutmeg.
I love the bright orange color of this puree. Baby J thought it was pretty tasty and gobbled up a 2 ounce serving pretty quickly. I’ll be making this one again soon!
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into quarters
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- ¼ c. water
- 1 t. nutmeg
- Steam the apples, peaches, and carrots. I used a steamer bag and steamed them for 5 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Place the apples, peaches, and carrots in the Baby Bullet along with the water. Puree until smooth. Add more water if you want it thinner.
- Stir in the nutmeg.
- Portion into 1 or 2 ounce servings.