I’m back with another Baby Food Friday! I know I’ve been hit or miss on it lately but that’s because I’ve been feeding Baby J about half homemade purees and half organic pouches. He absolutely loves Happy Baby organic pouches and I have to admit, so do I! I taste everything he eats and their pouches are seriously fresh and you can taste the fruits and vegetables in it. He also likes Plus organic pouches.
Baby J is currently 9 and a half months old but he’s still trucking along on his purees. He only has one tooth so he isn’t big on solid foods yet. He will eat pasta, rice, Mum Mum’s, tofu, and most recently enjoyed some of my cream of crab soup! However, he isn’t big on steamed fruits and vegetables that are cut into pieces so we are still making purees.
This week I have a Fruit and Vegetable Puree for you. I’ve been having fun making all different combinations for him. He still really only hates green beans so I can mix in just about anything. His favorites are still avocado, pears, and apples. For this puree I included an avocado, a peach, a banana, a red pepper, and a touch of nutmeg. Baby J loves his spices!
This was an easy puree to make. The avocado and banana don’t need to be steamed so that was nice. I steamed the red pepper and peach together. I did have to add a little bit of water to this puree but you can add more or less depending on how your baby is eating.
This puree was an interesting color because of the color of the fruits and vegetables. It’s not the most appetizing puree I’ve made but Baby J gobbled it up. When I tasted it I thought it was pretty good myself. The avocado and banana make it really creamy and the red pepper just adds a bit of vegetable flavor. This is a great way to get vitamins A, C, E, K, and potassium in a tiny little cup!
- 1 peach, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 avocado, seeded and scooped out of the skin.
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 3 T. water
- Steam the peach and red pepper until soft.
- Place the peach, red pepper, banana, avocado, nutmeg, and water in a Baby Bullet. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of water if needed and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Place in 2 oz. servings and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator 24 hours before using.