I am excited to be cooking with a new group this month! I’ve just become a member of the Creative Cookie Exchange. Each month an ingredient or theme is chosen and then group members make cookies to go along with the theme. This month the theme is Beat The Heat with No Bake Cookies which is perfect for summer!
Most of the no bake cookies I’ve seen have peanut butter in them. Since I do not eat peanut butter I had to look for something different. I do love cookie butter and figured since it has a similar consistency to peanut butter, it would work in place of it. So this month I’m baking No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies!
I also thought this would be a great cookie for my soon be to sister-in-law. She does not bake very often but since she is getting married in Pittsburgh there has to be a cookie table. Family and friends all bake cookies for the reception and a lovely cookie table is set out for the guests. The one at my wedding was a huge hit and I already have a few ideas for cookies to make for her wedding. I thought since these are no bake and she loves cookie butter, this would be a great cookie for her to make.
These cookies are a snap to make. Simply melt a few ingredients together, stir in the cookie butter and oats, and drop onto parchment paper. Allow the cookies to set and enjoy! You can mix in different add-ins to the cookies as well. I did half of mine with butterscotch chips and the other half with white chocolate chips. They were both delicious! This was a great way to serve cookies without having to turn on the oven.
- 1 stick butter
- ⅓ c. milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. Cookie Butter
- 2½ c. oats
- ½ c. butterscotch chips
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan combine the butter, milk, and sugars. Heat over medium heat and stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil!
- Remove from heat and stir in the cookie butter. Stir until smooth and then add in the oats. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the dough into two bowls. Add the butterscotch chips to one bowl and the white chocolate chips to the other bowl. Mix to combine.
- Drop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoon onto parchment paper. If desired, shape the cookies with your hands.
- Allow to set up for 30 minutes and then enjoy!
The Creative Cookie Exchange theme this month is Beat the Heat with No Bake Cookies. Even if we don’t want to turn on the oven, we still want cookies! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura via email (thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com) and she will get you added to our Facebook group where we coordinate events. You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Chunky Chocolate Fruit and Nut Cookie Slice from Jill at Made with Love
- Indoor S’mores Bars from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Kashata Squares from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Nutella Clusters from Tara at Noshing with the Nolands
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Cookies from Renee at Magnolia Days
- No Bake Coconut Cookies from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Bake Kit Kat Squares from Holly at A Baker’s House
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cookies from Becca at It’s Yummi!
- Strawberry and Cream No Bake Cookies from Miranda at Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt