As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Today I have an amazing cocktail recipe for you that is perfect for summer. When I say it’s perfect for summer it’s because I’m combine some of my favorite summer things in one gorgeous cocktail. I’ve got sorbet, I’ve got berries, and I’ve got vodka so who is ready to see my delicious creation?
This Blackberry Lemon Cocktail Float is such a delicious and refreshing cocktail. It’s part beverage and part dessert so I like to sip on one out on the porch after dinner. In order to make this cocktail I had to first make blackberry simple syrup. I used Wish Farms Blackberries along with sugar and water and boiled it into thick syrup.
Then I took that syrup and let it cool for a bit. After cooling I added in vanilla vodka which pairs really well with the sweet and tart blackberries along with some sparkling lemon water. I poured it all over top of luscious lemon sorbet and topped it with blackberries and mint.
If nothing else this cocktail looks so pretty! It’s a deep pink and purple color with a layer of foam on top created from the liquid melting the sorbet. Then the fresh mint leaves just add an additional pop of color to the drink.
The taste is really refreshing and delicious. It’s definitely sweet but not overly sweet. There is a subtle vanilla flavor that layers with the sweet blackberry syrup and the tart lemon sorbet. No ice is required to keep this cocktail cold because the sorbet does a really great job of keeping it chilled.
So if you are having a summer party or BBQ make sure you keep these simple ingredients on hand. Your guests will love sipping on a Blackberry Lemon Cocktail Float after dinner!
For the syrup:
- ½ c. Wish Farms Blackberries
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. water
For the cocktail:
- ½ c. blackberry simple syrup
- 1 c. sparkling lemon water
- ½ c. vanilla vodka
- 2 c. lemon sorbet
- Mint leaves
- Combine the blackberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain into a glass jar.
- Refrigerate the glass jar for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to make the cocktail combine a half cup of the blackberry syrup with the sparkling lemon water and vanilla vodka. Mix well.
- Place a half cup of lemon sorbet in the bottom of four 8 ounce glasses. Pour a half cup of the blackberry lemon mixture over top of the sorbet. Top with fresh blackberries and a mint leaf. Enjoy immediately.
A Hezzi-D original recipe