Nothing says summer like burgers on the grill. We love grilling up a couple of burgers on a hot day. While we are happy to have plain burgers or a burger with cheese, sometimes it's nice to make a gourmet burger at home.
Now I've made some fun burgers in the past. I usually choose a cheese and maybe a sauce and then go from there. It's interesting trying to pair toppings, cheese, and sauces together to make a burger that tastes great but isn't overwhelmed by the toppings.
This week Sunday Supper is sharing hamburger and hot dog recipes. I think this is a great summer theme and can't wait to see more of the burger recipes. I'm always looking for new inspiration for my gourmet burgers. While I'm not a hot dog person, my husband sure is.
In this burger there are two stars. One is the burger and the other is the Bourbon BBQ Sauce. The Bourbon BBQ Sauce is made inside on a stove and is made by combining water, pineapple, ketchup, BBQ Sauce, and bourbon in a pot. You can also put this in a disposable foil pan covered with foil and cook it on the grill. It's sweet with just a kick of spice and a bit of a bite from the bourbon. It's pretty awesome.
The burgers are just my classic everyday burger with a bit of BBQ mixed in. I used both BBQ seasoning and BBQ sauce in the burgers. I decided to turn them into sliders because those were the buns I had in the house. I ended up making a juicy slider topped with Havarti cheese, bacon, lettuce, and the Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
These sliders are incredible. The crispy, salty bacon pairs well with the juicy burger and the Bourbon BBQ Sauce is just over the top. It's a delicious burger that would be great in regular size as well as these sliders. I'll admit, I also dipped my fries into this sauce, YUM!
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. crushed pineapple in juice
- ½ c. ketchup
- ¼ c. Bourbon
- ¼ c. prepared BBQ sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 t. black pepper
- ¼ t. cayenne
- 1½ lb. 85/15 ground beef
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. BBQ seasoning
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 T. BBQ Sauce
- 8 slider buns
- 8 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slice bacon, cooked and halved
- Combine all ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a small saucepan. Place in over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce thickens up. Remove from heat.
- To make the burgers put the ground beef, brown sugar, BBQ seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal seasoning, and BBQ sauce in a bowl. Mix together with your hands and form into 8 sliders.
- Place the sliders on a grill heated to medium high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until desired temperature is reached. Place a slice of Havarti cheese on each slider and close the lid for 1 minute or until melted.
- Remove from grill and place the sliders on the buns. Top with bacon and a lettuce leaf. Slather with the bourbon BBQ sauce and serve.
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where's the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where's the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement