It’s hot. There’s not much else to say but that. We do not have air conditioning in our house which isn’t a problem 10 1/2 months of the year but mid-July through the end of August it’s hot in here. We do have ceiling fans in the dining room and bedrooms so sleeping is not an issue but cooking in the kitchen is steamy to say the least. I’ve been trying not to turn on the oven unless it’s after 7 and the house is beginning to cool off but sometimes I just can’t help it.
I had a lovely head of cauliflower in the refrigerator and while I can eat it raw, I just really enjoy it roasted in the oven. This time I put some smokey paprika, chili powder, garlic, parsley, pepper, and salt on the head of cauliflower and it gave it this wonderful smokey taste to it.
I thought it needed a little something to brighten it up so I couldn’t resist a splash of lemon juice as it was cooking and another splash once it was out of the oven. I was literally picking roasted pieces off the baking sheet before we had dinner! Definitely a wonderful and easy side dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the garlic and lemon juice. Mix well and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and another splash of lemon juice.