During the week I don’t get home until 4 so whenever I start cooking the only thing I’m making is dinner. This is fine but I really do enjoy making appetizers and desserts. Since I have time on the weekends, I’ll often make an appetizer or dessert in the middle of the day and then my husband and I have a delicious snack in between lunch and dinner.
I had some brie in the oven and initially was going to make brie baked in puff pastry but my puff pastry was totally frozen and I didn’t want to wait while it thawed. I did the normal search the pantry thing and came up with some Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes with basil and garlic. My thought was that the bold flavors of the tomatoes would pair nicely with the mellow, creaminess of the brie.
I mixed together the brie, sun dried tomatoes, some garlic, and seasonings and came up with a delicious dip that was great on both crackers and pieces of bread. As it was cooking my husband mentioned that it smelled like pizza and he was right. The flavors are similar to those on a pizza but the brie adds a hint of classiness to the dip.
- 1 (8 oz) package of brie
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- Crackers or bread for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the rind from the brie and chop into 1 inch pieces. Place in a small ovenproof dish (I used a small, covered crock).
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt on top of the cheese. Heat in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir the tomato mixture into the brie and heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with crackers or bread.
Source: Hezzi-D Original Recipe