As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Today is the day of the Big Game! Who are you rooting for? I don’t really have a favorite team in the game, so I think I’ll root for Denver. What I’m really looking forward to are the Super Eats for Game Day which is the theme of this weeks #SundaySupper hosted by me!
I’ve been on a crazy soup kick lately. I make a huge pot of soup on Sunday night and then my husband and I eat it for lunch all week long. When we can we re-purpose it into other dishes for lunch. I feel like I’ve made so many different versions of the same soups but they all taste different and we like deciding which are the best.
The newest recipe we’ve tried is a chili recipe. Yes, I have probably 5 or 6 chili recipes on the blog but this one is unique in that it uses chicken. I’m not talking about ground chicken, we’re talking real chicken breast in this chili. Plus it has plenty of Frank’s Red Hot to spice it up. Have you guessed what kind of chili it is?
This is a twist on buffalo chicken. The buffalo chicken chili is seriously mouth watering. There are all the classic flavors of chili with the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin but with the addition of chicken and hot sauce. We loved it.
The next day my husband put some over top of hot dogs to make buffalo chicken chili dogs and said they were pretty tasty. I put mine over tortilla chips and made buffalo chicken chili nachos. Anyway you want to eat this soup it’s clearly a winner!
Buffalo Chicken Chili (adapted from Emily Bites)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 T. olive oil
2 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. chili powder
3 T. ground cumin
1 T. paprika
2 t. black pepper
1/2 c. Frank’s Red Hot
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 T. tomato paste
1 c. beef broth (or water)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot. Add in the carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
2. Add in the cooked chicken, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, pepper, and hot sauce. Cook for 1 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, and beef broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream on top if desired.
Make sure you check out all the Game Day deliciousness we are sharing this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.