We love pizza in our house. I often make it for dinner or we go out for pizza around town. Sometimes we even drive down to the lake to eat at Brenda's pizza just because it's so good. Whenever I'm in Pittsburgh my pizza of choice is Sir Pizza. The funny thing is that all these pizzas are totally different from one another but it doesn't matter. We just love pizza!
Last night I made a big roasted chicken and divided the leftovers into two containers. I love cooking one big meal and then reinventing the leftovers into easy weeknight suppers throughout the week. One of the containers of chicken is going to be soup later on in the week and the other is for buffalo chicken pizza.
These were so easy to make and were a great change from traditional pizza. With sauteed red onions, garlic, and chicken covered in buffalo sauce, this pizza was hot, hot, hot! The ranch dressing drizzled served to cool it down slightly which did the trick. It was perfect served with a salad and was great for something quick, easy, and different.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza (a Hezzi-D original)
1 T. butter
⅓ c. red onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 ½ c. cooked chicken breast,shredded
¼ c. Frank's Red Hot
1 c. pizza sauce
1 12" pizza crust shell
1 ½ c. mozzarella cheese
¼ c. Ranch dressing
1 T. green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once it is melted add the red onion and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
3. Add the chicken and Red Hot to the skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Spread the pizza sauce over top of pizza crust. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese then top with the buffalo chicken mixture. Drizzle with Ranch dressing.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with green onions.
Note: If you don't like spicy it's easy to make this a BBQ chicken pizza. Simply substitute BBQ sauce for the ranch dressing and toss the chicken with BBQ sauce instead of Red Hot. Cook as directed.
Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons
Ohhhh yeah, Heather. I could eat this ANY weeknight! Love the combo of spicy sauce and creamy cheese.
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Great way to use leftover chicken, Heather. I LOVE Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I add just a bit of blue cheese to mine, because I am obsessed!
Mmmmmm! We love buffalo chicken anything and this pizza looks fantastic! Def going on the menu for this weekend!