This week has been a busy one. There’s a lot going on with my blog, a lot of travel plans to be made, and just tons of things I need to be doing. Of course, even when I’m busy I like to keep on making dinner because it’s cheaper and healthier then eating out. That’s what WeekdaySupper is all about. Making quick and easy homemade meals that are still delicious and good for you.
Since chicken is probably my favorite meat, we have it for dinner at least once a week. It’s difficult to keep coming up with new chicken recipes since we eat it so often. My favorite dishes are probably chicken parmesan, fried chicken, and chicken soup. I also do a lot of chicken with sauces. This recipe is one of those. It’s chicken with mushrooms in a tasty garlic white wine sauce.
This dish is easy to make and cooks up in less then 30 minutes. I love the flavor of the white wine sauce. It’s just a little bit acidic with flavors from the wine and mushrooms. It’s great served over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Chicken and Mushroom in Garlic White Wine Sauce(adapted from Cooking Light November 2012)
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1/2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 T. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 oz) package of pre-sliced mushroom blends
1/2 c. dry white wine (I like using Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio)
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 t. paprika
1 t. chopped tarragon
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
3. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until all the liquid evaporates.
4. Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Add in broth, paprika, and tarragon. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
5. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Looking for more quick Weeknight meals? Check out these delicious meals:
Monday – Green Chile Quinoa Burgers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tuesday – Grilled Steak Southwest Salad by Try Anything Once Culinary
Wednesday – Jerk Chicken and Slaw by Noshing With The Nolands
Thursday – Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Friday – Baked Garlic Mustard Panko Rosemary Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen