I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. I recently came across one stuffed with spinach, feta, and pine nuts that called my name. All of my favorites stuffed inside of a chicken breast. The flavors in this chicken dish meld wonderfully together. I had some of the filling leftover so I decided to crumble it over top of the chicken which made it even better. The lemon juice put just enough citrus into this dish to tie it all together. I served it over couscous which was a great addition to the chicken.
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nuts (adapted from Cooking Light )
2 T. olive oil, divided
5 oz. spinach, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. fresh lemon juice
½ c. crumbled feta
2 T. pine nuts, toasted
2 T. fresh lemon juice
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
2 T. white wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, garlic, and 1 t. lemon juice. Saute 4-5 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove spinach mixture and place in a bowl. Mix the feta, pine nuts, and 1 T. lemon juice with the spinach mixture.
3. Cut a horizontal slit in the chicken breast, going about ¾ of the way through. Stuff the slit with the spinach mixture. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the other 1 T. olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and place in a baking dish.
5. Pour remaining lemon juice and white wine over top of chicken breasts, along with any additional spinach mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
This post linked to:
Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg
Oh this looks so yummy! I came over from Lamb Around and I wanted to let you know that I have a blog hop too on Sundays: Savory Sunday, and I'd love if you came over and shared a recipe! Have a great weekend!
i really like the combination of spinach feta and pine nut! i would definitely try this! oh i have a suggestion though, if you keep the skin on the chicken, it makes the chicken breast extr juicy and moist (:
The spinach, feta, and pine nut stuffing is such a great idea.
Romantisch Hotel Brugge
Yummy!! Cool recipes i just try make this food. Interesting this post and nice details shared in the post so thanks
Yum! I've made this recipe from Cooking Light, too...very good!!