As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Fall is prime grilling season, even more so then summer. At times in the summer it’s just too hot outside to be standing by a grill that’s heated to 450 degrees. In the fall the air is cool and crisp which is perfect for grilling meat.
This week #SundaySupper challenged us to make a meal with 5 ingredients or less. I had a really hard time coming up with a dish that only had 5 ingredients but I’m happy I did. It’s nice to have simple dishes in my repertoire because they are quick and easy.
Thinking of grilling and of using only 5 ingredients I went looking for larger pieces of meat such as pork tenderloin, london broil, and steaks. I’ve found it’s easier to grill one large piece of meat then to worry about a ton of little pieces. Many time I use marinades that are pre-made or I just end up throwing things into a zip top bag and then putting the meat in over top of it.
This pork came from a very simple recipe and smelled amazing while it was grilling. The spiciness of the chipotle chiles smelled divine with the citrus in the lime juice. The pork came out perfectly with a crisp outside and juicy inside. I was surprised by the amount of flavor in the pork and enjoyed the spicy lime and garlic.
Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin (adapted from So Tasty So Yummy)
1-2 lb. pork tenderloin
1/4 c. lime juice
2 T. honey
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour over top of the pork loin. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Ten minutes before cooking remove the pork loin from the refrigerator. Heat the grill to medium high heat.
4. Remove the pork loin from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook on one side for 5 minutes and then flip over to the other side for 5 minutes.
5. Continue to rotate the pork tenderloin every 5 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. Slice into thin pieces and serve hot.
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!