As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FALLInLoveWithHatfield #REDiscover #simplyhatfield #CollectiveBias
Can you believe it’s almost September? Up until last week I was having trouble believing it but after going back to work as a teacher last week and the weather cooling off I know that fall is on the way. Yesterday the kids started back to school including my toddler who is going to the learning center at my school.
Because I’m back to school I’ve been looking for easy to make weeknight meals that my whole family can enjoy and if it makes leftovers that is a major plus so I can take them to work the next day. I like to find recipes that take me under 30 minutes but if the hands on time is less than that and the rest of the time is just cooking time in the oven I’m ok with that. I just want something I can make quickly so I can spend my evenings with my husband and my son.
When I was out shopping at my local Martin’s store this weekend I picked up several packages of Hatfield® Recipe Essentials. Hatfield®Recipe Essentials are simple, flavorful ingredients that add flavor to any dish and help me get creative in the kitchen, without all the hassle. I like that they have a variety of products so I can use them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Plus, Hatfield®Recipe Essentials are ethically raised, gluten free, and American made so I can feel good about using their products in my meals.
I love making stuffed peppers but my husband says that they often turn out a little bland. I knew that by using Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage I could change his mind about stuffed peppers. This chorizo has a complex flavor that is just spicy enough and because it’s ground it makes mealtime a breeze. I simply saute the chorizo in a skillet along with some onions and garlic, add rice and marinara sauce, and I have a simple but flavorful filling for my peppers.
I timed myself while making this recipe and it took me 22 minutes of hands on time in addition to the 50 minutes in the oven. That was fine because I get home from work at 3:40 and my son wakes up from his nap at 4:00 so I was just putting these in the oven as he was waking up so I had the rest of the evening to play with him and I had dinner on the table at 5:00. This meal was a win-win for all of us.
These Chorizo Stuffed Peppers are great as a weeknight meal because they are quick to prepare and they are really filling. I simply served them with dinner rolls and we had our dinner. This made 6 peppers and my husband and I each had one and a half so we both had lunch for the next day which was awesome. My husband also commented on how much flavor these had and how much he enjoyed them. Even though there aren’t many ingredients the chorizo really adds additional flavor and spiciness to these peppers which is just what they needed to jazz them up a bit.
- 3/4 c. rice,
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 2 c. marinara
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off of the bell peppers and remove seeds and membranes. Chop any pieces of the pepper you can from the tops and set aside. Throw away the top, seeds, and membrane.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chopped peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the chorizo and cook, breaking up the sausage, for 5-6 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Add the marinara sauce, cooked rice, Worchestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper to the chorizo and mix well.
- Place the hollowed out peppers in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Divide the chorizo and rice mixture between the peppers.
- Mix together the two cheeses and sprinkles a few tablespoons on top of each pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Looking for more recipes featuring Hatfield Recipe Essentials? Check out their website HERE.