Whenever I hear of Crack Chicken I think of Buffalo Chicken Dip because that's what some people call it. So when I was looking for something easy to make I came across a recipe for Crack Chicken. In this case most of the Crack Chicken was made in the slow cooker and did not contain buffalo sauce. I decided to change that.
Instead of making it in the slow cooker I made my chicken in the oven. I used the cheese and cream cheese but I added in buffalo sauce too. I simply placed chicken breasts in a pan and mixed all of the ingredients together and poured it over top of the chicken. Then I topped it off with cheese.
I have to admit when it came out of the oven I was a little skeptical. It didn't look great though it smelled really good. I grabbed a spoon and tasted the sauce and it was really tasty. It was like a ranch buffalo dip and it was awesome.
The chicken ended up being super tender and paired well with the sauce. I could have eaten the whole pan myself! We ended up serving it with french fries which was a decent pairing. This is a great chicken dish for serving to a crowd and would be perfect for watching football games!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- ⅓ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the buffalo sauce, cream cheese, Ranch dressing, and Ranch dressing mix. Mix well and pour over top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on and broil the chicken for 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe