This post is sponsored by Melissa’s Produce but all opinions are 100% my own.
Sometimes I will have a month where I am feeling creative and whip up a bunch of new and fun cocktail recipes. Other months I’m happy just sipping on a glass of wine and don’t need to make anything different. This month I received a bunch of Freaky Fruits from Melissa’s Produce and just knew I had to put them together to make a tasty cocktail.
I chose the dragon fruit and pomegranate because they are fairly different fruits. The dragon fruit is lightly sweetened and very mild. It adds flecks of black seeds to anything you make with it. Pomegranate on the other hand adds a vibrant pink color to anything it is in and it is very tart. Pomegranates are an unusual fruit because you can either squeeze the juice out of them or just eat the seeds which have juice in them. I choose to squeeze the juice out for this cocktail.
Since mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails and already have a sweet and tart flavor from lime juice and simple syrup I thought adding these frutis would simply enhance the beverage. I put everything together in a mini blender and mixed it up. It came out to be the most gorgeous pink color with just a bit of white foam on top.
While you could certainly strain the beverage to make sure you didn’t get any solid fruit and to strain out any larger seeds, I chose to just enjoy it blended. It makes the mojito a little thicker than normal but it’s totally delicious. There is a definite tartness from the pomegranate and the lime but then a sweetness from the simple syrup. The dragon fruit adds a very subtle flavor.
These would be awesome to serve for a girls night because of both the flavor and the color. I just couldn’t get over the beautiful hue of this one. It would be perfect served with a fruity dessert as well.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Check out the other Freaky Fruits Friday recipes:
- Asian Strawberry Papaya Salad by Frugal & Fit
- Blood Orange Chicken Red Peppers and Spinach by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blood Orange, Pomegranate, and Avocado Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chayote Squash-Apple Crisp by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Chayote with Roasted Tomatoes and Chile by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dragonfruit and Pomegranate Mojito by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- Dragonfruit-Vanilla Bean Layer Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Passion Fruit Whip by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Chayote Squash with Herbs by Blogghetti
- Super Green Smoothie with Tropical Fruit by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Coconut Lime Trifles with Tropical Fruit Salad by The Baking Fairy
- Yogurt Panna Cotta by Cooking with Carlee