One of my favorite things about fall is the Pumpkin Spice Latte at my favorite coffee shop. Unforgettably, the closest location is well over an hour away from me so I only get a handful of pumpkin spice lattes before the season is over. I've made them at home before and while they are good, they aren't the same.
So when I saw a drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte I couldn't wait to try it. It was pretty much all the flavors of a classic pumpkin spice latte but with some alcohol added in. Since I'm always trying to stay warm in the fall and winter I knew this recipe was going to be a winner.
After checking out the liquor situation in our house, I had everything I needed or at least something close enough to make this beverage. The base of the latte is simply coffee, no espresso needed here. I had a bottle of Pumpkin Pie Vodka left over from last fall which was perfect for this beverage. We also received a bottle of Rum Chata at Christmas time and hadn't opened it so I was excited to use it in this recipe.
After mixing everything together it smelled amazing. I could smell the pumpkin and cinnamon and the coffee was a rich caramel color. I grabbed some whipped cream to put on top and it was ready! The taste was delicious. While I could clearly taste the liquor in the coffee, it tasted like a hot pumpkin spice latte with a little something extra. Perfect for fall weekend nights at home.
- ¾ c. coffee
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 oz. pumpkin pie vodka
- 2 oz. Rum Chata
- whipped cream
- Prepare the coffee.
- Stir in the sugar, milk, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the pumpkin pie vodka and Rum Chata and mix well.
- Spray the top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Serve hot.
Recipe from The Wholesome Dish
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
Main Dishes and Soups
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee's Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline's Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear's Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.